There were eight people I know who told me they were looking for a financial advisor.
Their careers included:
- International sales executive
- Commercial developer
- CEO of a major food brand
- Ex apparel executive
- Airline pilot and General in the Air National Guard
- Asset manager
Here some stats:
- Approximately $15mm in combined investable assets
- 6 were in their 50's
- 2 were in their 40's
- 6 never had a financial advisor
- 2 had been with their financial advisor for more that 10 years
- All planned on working another 10 years or more
The most interesting thing is that all 8 individuals had done some research, talked to friends and had an idea of what they wanted or, in the case of the 2 who had a financial advisor, what they didn't want.